It is cultivated globally as a semi-arid crop; its seeds are a common ingredient in dishes from the Indian Subcontinent. Fenugreek seeds have been found to contain protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium, alkaloids, lysine and powerful phyto-nutrients including choline, yamogenin, gitogenin, diosgenin, tigogenin, trigonelline and neotigogenin.
Due to vastly usage particularly in Asia, Fenugreek has been used to treat many illness and symptoms as follow:
- Control diabetes and reduce cholesterol. Fenugreek is able to help to lower blood glucose, cholesterol and triglycerides levels.
- To relieves constipation. With its natural high fiber content, Fenugreek is helpful in treating constipation and diarrhea, indigestion problems and gastritis.
- To treat reproductive disorders problems such as to treat hormonal disorders, to help with breast enlargement, and to reduce menstrual pain.
- Using as a remedy for hernia, erectile dysfunction (ED) and other male problems. Able to increase muscle mass and reduce body fat. Naturally promote high energy levels and weight control.
- To ease the stomach and bowel problems like peptic ulcers and inflamed conditions. Fenugreek able to absorb toxic waste and eliminates them from the body, thereby healing and soothing the inflamed areas.
- Acted as a natural soluble fiber which will reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It contains Diosgenin which is anti-carcinogenic, able to help to eliminate free radicals, which is the main cause of cancer. It inhibits the growth of cancer cells but not normal cells.